Grunge

Do_Michelle_Grunge

In this project we made a frame using a specific brush and then we lightened the image to make the picture slightly hazy.

I chose this image because it was of my brother from his graduation that just passed. Along with that, it added on to all the requirements needed to edit this picture so it would work out in the end

click here for more info

Face Shatter

Do_Michelle_FaceShattering

In this project we had to grid out the subject’s face and take out chunks of it and move them and add on to the blending modes to give the picture dimension. After that we would duplicate the layer and move them all around so that the picture could be more dispersed.

I chose this picture of my cousin because it was the only one I could find at the moment and it wasn’t that bad because I took the picture ┬áthe day before so it worked out in the end.

click here for more info on how to do it

Pop Art

Do_Michelle_PopArt

Pop art has to be one of the ones that I took way too long on. The directions that were given were so different and very un self explanatory that it was hard to follow. I ended up improvising on things that wouldnt work no matter how hard i tried to follow along.

In the end I ended up selecting colors that were the same and played with the colors so that some parts where darker had darker color and the lighter shadows had a lighter color.

click here for more info

Lens Flare

Do_Michelle_LensFlare

In this project we were able to use pictures that had the sun in them and were able to create this effect on our picture to make it look like there was a glare in the camera’s view.

I chose this picture because it was the only one i could find really. To do this i used many different blending options and filters to make it look nice and it didnt turn out all too shabby.

Click here for Lens Flare tutorial

Polaroid Collage

Do_Michelle_polaroidCollage.jpg

To do this, we opened our picture that we wanted and made a polaroid frame starting at one single face. From there on, we duplicated that frame and dragged each frame we wanted from that single spot to any other faces that we could see as well as control+t-ing and rotating the frame ever so slightly to make it look like it was overlay-ed with many different polaroids.

I started off with the middle person because i thought it was funny how his face was like that and I didnt want to lose an opportunity that great to start off. As i progressed on to working with all the pictures I found that it was easiest to name all the layers to logical frames so if I wanted to change a certain one, I’d be able to select that specific one to move so it would look nicer.

click here for more info

Polaroid Frame

Do_Michelle_Polaroid_NatAngie

For this project we were supposed to choose a picture we wanted to add a Polaroid border to to make it look real. To do this, we opened up a new document and followed the blending options that they gave. I highered the opacity for all of them because it didn’t show up on my frame if I didn’t but other than that i followed all the rules that were given to me.

The picture turned out very well and I am very happy with the results. Hopefully i am able to bring this knowledge for future references if I wanted to print out more polaroids.

Click here for how to do this